Monday, March 7, 2011

Media Diary for 3/27-3/6

Sunday:

Noon-3PM: Gaming online
4-8: Homework, using the internet for research and programming with Qt
8-11: Browsing the web

Monday:
9-11:30: Notes in class
1-3PM: 2 hours browsing
3-5: Homework, mostly word processing
7-Midnight: Mix of browsing and homework
Total: about 13.5 hours

Tuesday:
2-4PM: Browsing
6-2AM: Homework (had a large programming assignment due, mostly programming)
Total: about 12 hours

Wednesday:
9-11:30: Notes in class
6-10PM: Homework (word processing
10-12AM: Browsing
Total: About 8.5 hours

Thursday:
8-12: Browsing
Total: About 4 hours

Friday:
9-11:30: Notes in class
5-9PM: Gaming
Total: About 6.5 Hours

Saturday:
4-7PM: Gaming
7-10: Homework, word processing and programming
10-12AM: Browsing
Total: about 8 hours

Sunday:
12-3: Gaming
3-9: Homework/browsing
Total: about 9 hours

WEEK TOTAL: 51.5 hours

Wednesday-Thursday were greatly impacted due to the fact that I slept very little from sunday-monday (two major assignments and a midterm) but I generally spend about 6-8 hours on the computer every day. While I mostly restrict any and all gaming to the weekends, I definitely use the internet as my primary source of "downtime" while also heavily using it for my homework (generally, computer science classes require a lot of computer time.)

I worry heavily about internet addiction, but at the same time, I'm glad that I don't really watch TV. I feel that the internet, when used properly, is a great tool for learning and keeping up with the world. I have a tendency to browse the news and discussion forums, which I feel are better uses of the internet; I do worry about it affecting my attention span though.

No comments:

Post a Comment